Not everyone who works for Mary Kay is a natural salesperson. But everyone has the potential to get decent leads and make good sales.
In this blog post, I’m going to showcase 62 ways to get more Mary Kay customers by using outbound marketing channels that you may not have thought of yet. Use these ideas for your next Mary Kay open house.
So, without further ado, here are 61 ways to get new Mary Kay customers broken down into helpful categories:
Attend Fairs and events to get more Mary Kay leads
This is the most obvious category. The idea is to attend events hosted by other organizations or businesses and walk around and meet potential Mary Kay customers. You’ll want to attend fairs and events that are likely to contain a high number of your potential customers, of course. Below is a list of some ideas:
- Bridal fairs
- County fairs
- Craft bazars
- Mall events
- Job fairs
- School fairs
- Church fairs
- Birthday parties
- Birthday clubs
- Take a Satin Hands recipe to every potluck
- Join your local Chamber of Commerce. They usually have annual parties and events that you can attend as a privilege of being a member
Unabashed self-promotion as a way to get more Mary Kay leads:
- Talk to people. You should always be talking with friends and new people you meet that you think would be great Mark Kay customers. Don’t try a hard sell. Just casually mention that you sell Mary Kay products and plant that seed. They’ll come back to you when they’re ready.
- Wear Mary Kay hats and shirts
- Wear the product
- Follow the 3 Feet Rule – hand out your business card to anyone within 3 feet of you
- Give Mary Kay hats and shirts to your family to use
- Special offers or prize draws
- Wear your Mary Kay pin everywhere you go
- Use a Mary Kay sticker on your car
- Tack a few cards on bulletin boards in cafes, newsagents, grocery stores, etc.
- Ask your hairdresser to show your cards
- Include a flyer or business card with your bill payments
- Earn the use of a Mary Kay car
- Network with other direct sell companies
- Send a catalogue to people who you no longer see
- Leave a catalogue in the lunch room, doctors and dentist office
- Speak to local cheer-leading squad coaches
- Advertise on your voicemail
- Network at motivational seminars
- Visit health spas regularly
- Leave brochures in bridal shops
- Call past hostesses and ask for referrals – with an incentive
- Random mailings from the phone book
- Speak to your local Girl Scouts
Host your own events to obtain Mary Kay leads
Some of these may seem obvious, but there are some that you have likely never tried before.
- Encourage regular customers to hold shows
- Host a Mary Kay class
- Give a great service and get referrals. Maybe it’s a makeup class or a brush cleaning tutorial. Something of value.
- Goodie bags. Offer up free giveaways as an incentive to get people to attend your event.
- Offer discounts to people who bring a friend
- Use a fishbowl to collect business cards at your event
- Engage in warm chatter to get the conversations going
- Have a Mary Kay open house
- Ask friends to have a show
- Have an office brunch or party
- Host a show before or during a PTA meeting
- Offer products as donations or prizes
- Offer make-overs to local business people – maybe through management as a reward
- Offer make-overs to local hotel staff
- Offer ‘learn to put on make-up’ sessions for teens
- A joint open house with other in home businesses
- Offer pampering sessions in local hospitals
- Pampering sessions for new mums
Use digital marketing to get more Mary Kay leads
If you don’t have your own website, you could be missing out on a massive opportunities to capture Mary Kay customer leads. The branded website hosted by Mary Kay, www.MaryKay.com/your.name doesn’t rank on Google the same way a standalone website would. So it’s a good idea to hire a WordPress developer and have them build you a dedicated, standalone website for your Mary Kay business, www.yournamemarykaybiz.com, for example.
- Have a Mary Kay website and make sure that the SEO (search engine optimization) us up-to-date
- Use social media like Facebook and Twitter to engage with potential customers
- Run a skincare survey on Facebook or your website and engage your followers.
- Run a fragrance survey on Facebook or your website and engage your followers.
- Run a lipstick survey on Facebook or your website and engage your followers.
- Build a portfolio of before and after photos and post these on your website and share on social media
- Create a how-to video and post it on Youtube, your website, and share it on social media. It could share tips about using Mary Kay products or it could be a makeup tutorial
You should always be following these basic sales rules when you’re selling Mary Kay products
- Follow through on every lead you get
- Offer gift services
- Say ‘please’ and ‘thank you’
- Show up on time
- Do what you say you’re going to do
You can get more Mary Kay Customers
These are just a few ways that you can out there and visible as a Mary Key seller. But there are an infinite number of techniques for getting more Mary Kay leads. By following some of these and coming up with your own ideas you will see the number of leads coming in rise dramatically.
Of course, along with all of these outbound strategies, I highly recommend that you also compliment it with a strong inbound marketing strategy. Inbound marketing is the opposite of outbound marketing. Inbound means that your prospects are finding you. Typically this means it’s through organic search results in Google. When a prospect is searching for makeup on Google, are you showing up on the first page in your city? You can find out here for free.
If you need help building your website or with your inbound marketing strategies, contact me.
Also see our video below outlining the methods outlined in this article.