These guys said it best in the movie Office Space, "What would you say you do here?"
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) companies help your website rank on the first page of Google.
Here's a quick list of some of the common strategies and tasks that an SEO Manager might do on any given day:
- Backlink building
- Competitive audit
- Website audit and recommendations
- Keyword audit and selection
- Google, Yahoo, and Bing submission
- Account management
- Ranking and reporting access
- Account setup and review
- Submit client's websites to relevant directories and industry sites
- Social bookmarking
- Create business profiles on social media accounts and websites
- Setup Google Webmaster Tools
- Meta tag analysis and recommendations
- Host monthly reporting meetings with clients
- Onsite content implementation including blogging, content edits on existing pages, or creating new pages.
SEO Manager Time Allocation
By far, the most amount of time is spent on the first task: backlink building. It's the most important aspect of making sure that a website ranks on the top of Google, Yahoo, or Bing. Backlink building is the process of getting other websites to link to yours. It sounds simple, but it's not. It requires thoughtful and honest work, which often means calling or emailing people that you've never met before and asking them to post content to their website.
Linkio is a powerful automation tool for backlink planning that takes the repetitive and tedious work out of setting up link building campaigns.
Free SEO Audit Tool
See how optimized a specific web page, landing page, or blog post is for an exact keyword or phrase
I go into much more detail about what SEO is, how it works, and why it's important for businesses to have a strategy on my SEO Resources page.
One really easy and quick thing you can do to get your business on the first page of Google is to sign up for Google My Business. It's a free service from Google that puts your business on the Google Map.
If you need help, give me a call: 718-915-9311